Strong start to 2017...
January 2017 picked up where 2016 left off: sales were up on a year-over-year basis while the number of new listings was down by double-digit annual rates for most major home types. "Home ownership continues to be a great investment and remains very important to the majority of GTA households. As we move through 2017, we expect the demand for ownership housing to remain strong click here..
Planning a garage sale this spring? Here are a few great tips
It won't be long before it's that time of year again when we start to think about clearing the clutter from the house. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Get neighbours involved, it can generate more traffic to the area
- Plan ahead for a rain date
- Liven up the garage sale with background music
- Price items ahead of time
- Get cash the day before so you can make change on purchases
- Include a lemonade stand –great for the kids
- Advertise your garage sale - newspaper, on-line, bulletin boards
- Prepare your area– merchandise like a pro, keep like things together and put interesting items at the front
- Don’t bring any unsold items back into the house– Donate them!
Here are a few great charities you can contact:
Furniture Bank 416-934-1229
Woodgreen Red Door
Family Shelter 416-915-5671
Oasis Clothing Bank 416-751-0553
Children's Book Bank 416-922-7323