Sales and Average Price Up in March
April 3, 2014 – "Sales activity in the GTA accelerated last month. Compared to last year, a greater number of buyers found affordable home ownership options, as evidenced by sales growth for all major home types. Against this backdrop, however, overall inventory at the end of March remained lower than last year. This means competition between buyers increased, which is why the average selling price continued to climb," click here.
Planning a spring garage sale? Here are a few great tips
It won't be long before it's that time of year again when we start to think about clearing the clutter from the house. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Get neighbours involved, it can generate more traffic to the area
- Plan ahead for a rain date
- Liven up the garage sale with background music
- Price items ahead of time
- Get cash the day before so you can make change on purchases
- Include a lemonade stand –great for the kids
- Advertise your garage sale - newspaper, on-line, bulletin boards
- Prepare your area– merchandise like a pro, keep like things together and put interesting items at the front
- Don’t bring any unsold items back into the house– Donate them!
Here are a few great charities you can contact:
Furniture Bank 416-934-1229
Woodgreen Red Door
Family Shelter 416-915-5671
Oasis Clothing Bank 416-751-0553
Children's Book Bank 416-922-7323
So you've decided to make the move this year...
TV host Candice Olson gives some great tips to help you!
Maybe you want to move up the property ladder into something roomier, say switching from a condo to a bungalow or from a semi into a fully detached two-storey with plenty of yard. Or perhaps wandering through bedrooms left unoccupied by grown-up kids has made you admit it's time to downsize to a smaller, more manageable abode. Whatever the motivation for sticking up the For Sale sign, some of Canada's best-known on-air designers and realtors are pitching in with five things you can do to change that sign to Sold. Here are 5 great tips to help you